… invites students to consider their their “inner dialogue.” Adolescents experience a tremendous amount of thought traffic in their minds. Negative self talk is destructive of personal life, inhibits ability to achieve goals and relate to others and impedes happiness and general well being levels. The research shows healthy and positive self talk correlates with better study grades and happier, more successful, better adjusted people – with healthier immune systems.
Stop Look & Listen equips and transforms students by…
- Unpacking explanatory style theory
- Understanding the spectrum of destructive, negative inner dialogues
- Understanding the spectrum of healthy, accurate inner dialogues
- Applying healthy inner dialogue in the ebb and flow of a typical day
- Helping students to learn how to negotiate thought traffic in an effective way